Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Biography Clothesline


I stumbled on this site when I was looking for biographies created by children. once there I found that it offered some very useful material. This site would be more suited for grade 4 or 5 but could be simplified for grade 3. I would use this site in either a history class or Language arts. In language arts I would use this site to demonstrate various biographies created by children for my students. I would allow the students time to read 1 or 2 biographiesfrom the Clothesline that interested them so that they could get a grasp of the idea behind biography writing. Another possibility is I would assign one student to a biorgaphy and at the end they would share with the class what they learned 1 or 2 key points. next I would print off the
Quiz and ask some of the questions that we heard answers to in the discussions. The next step would be to have students pick a canadian that they could research and compose a brief biography like the examples. once the research was complete we could create a blogg and post them on the blogg.





No comments: